Have you heard the saying ‘deaths come in 3?’ After losing 3 friends over the past 30 days, I got curious. Where did this saying and belief come from? Some say it is a superstition, others say the number 3 represents harmony, wisdom and understanding. Then I saw something on my mailbox the day after my friend Chris passed – that made sense to me. An owl. Owls represent transition, wisdom, and death. During loss, things dont make much sense, there is a sense of sadness, loss, and questions like ‘why?’ This week I shifted my thoughts from sadness to ‘what is the gift’ each of these friends left me? Each friend had something unique. The words I came up with that my friends taught me are: have fun everyday, laugh often, work smart, commit to being the best, and be an example for others to aspire to.
In the book ‘The Greatest Salesman in the World,’ Og Mandino says in scroll 4:
I am natures greatest miracle: Own and celebrate your uniqueness!
‘I am not on this earth by chance. I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.’
In studying thought habits, these are the keys to being your own greatest miracle, owning and celebrating your uniqueness:
- When I go to a networking event or interview, I always ask myself ‘what are the 3 qualities that make me unlike anyone else?’ I bring them out 100%; enthusiasm, positivity, and the woo factor (winning others over) are my top unique qualities, for example
- I am proud of what makes me unique and I express it, I never repress it
- When I am in conflict with someone, I remind myself that my uniqueness may be something others dont understand – and that is OK
- I can teach and serve others my uniqueness, especially if they are lacking it – my woo factor, for instance, makes me understand and love sales, whereas others may want to be better at sales
- I never compare my uniqueness to anyone else’s uniqueness – comparison is a killer of self esteem!
I think of you as a success minded friend, and I am so excited and passionate about sharing my mission with you: to work with sales and success driven stars to crush their results so they can live a life of PEACE and leave a life of STRESS –to be the BEST version of THEMSELF!
I look forward to sharing tips to building SUCCESS habits over the coming days! Welcome to the journey of being the best version of yourself!
Curious? Lets talk! Schedule a call here!