When it comes to STRUCTURE or SELF DISCIPLINE, do you feel empowered – or, like most, do you resist structure in your life?
I would like to share SUCCESS TIP and Thought Habit #6: STRUCTURE and mastering SELF DISCIPLINE!
As human beings, we resist structure, some more, some less than others. STRUCTURE is necessary for dream creation and it can also bring us freedom. Self discipline also protects us from people, situations, or habits that can distract or destroy us. Why we give up self discipline and resist STRUCTURE?
What keeps you from achieving your SELF DISCIPLINE? It is usually one or more the following:
1. AN OVERLY ACTIVE MIND: When we are unable to quiet our mind, we are unfocused. We have amazing ideas and aspirations, but they are rarely followed by action when we stay stuck in our head. There is constant ‘noise’ in our mind.
2. WE NEED TO BE RIGHT: Resisting rules, authority, and self discipline is a way that we attempt to control. We forget that rules and authority can protect us.
3. JUDGMENTAL THINKING: We look at people, situations, others ideas, opinions as ‘good, bad, right, or wrong.’ We are closed off to ideas that could help us.
4. TAKING IT TOO SERIOUSLY: We forget to lighten up. We are hard on our self. We forget to ask ‘one year from today, will this matter?’
How can you achieve YOUR STRUCTURE and SELF DISCIPLINE – follow these SECRETS to SUCCESS:
1. QUIET YOUR MIND: Each day, what do you do to quiet your mind? Read, do yoga, meditate, take a walk, work out, talk to a friend…simply being in silence can quiet our minds!
2. LET GO OF THE NEED TO CONTROL: Controlling others, or forgetting that there is only so much we can control can lead to stress and resentment. Breathe, create space instead of control!
3. FIND THE GOOD IN OTHERS AND THEIR IDEAS: Honor and acknowledge other ideas, even if you don’t agree. Making others wrong for their ideas or viewpoints creates distance in relationships.
4. ACCEPT THAT STRUCTURE AND SELF DISCIPLINE LEAD TO FREEDOM: Whether you are focused on making a dream reality, or taking 2 mm steps at a time to make progress at work, on a goal, or managing your time – you are doing this to win, create, and overcome your current reality to grow!
STRUCTURE allows us to achieve our goals, have healthy boundaries with our time, commitments, and it helps us maintain order in our life. This is the toughest of all of the 6 thought habits to master! Take personal responsibility and be accountable to your personal boundaries, time, resources – and be kind to yourself, others, and remember rules can protect us.
If you are struggling with mastering self-discipline and focus to achieve your goals, having the support of someone else can make all the difference in the world!
Knowing you have someone on YOUR team who believes in you can help you grow and move forward in your life and ownership of your personal power!
Hire a Success Habit Coach! Coaching works!
I enjoyed sharing my SECRETS of SUCCESS with you.