Have you ever listened to or watched someone else, and then asked: Why can’t I be like that person? Why do they have ______ and I don’t have _____? Fill in the blank – It could be time, money, a better relationship, happiness, the list goes on…..or, why don’t I have the same level of (sales or) success as _______? Who is the person you are comparing yourself to? Have you have experienced envy, jealousy, or resentment, without realizing it?
The #2 KILLER of SELF CONFIDENCE IS…the COMPARISON GAME!
Sometimes life, events, the past, loss, circumstances, tragedy, or damaged relationships can leave us feeling as though ‘the grass is greener on the other side’ of the fence. Speaking from my life experiences, we can end up guilty or ashamed of who we are.
The #2 KEY to (SALES) CONFIDENCE IS CHOICE!
We forget we have a CHOICE! The big question is: do you choose to focus on ‘owning’ your life experiences as gifts, lessons, and wisdom – or do you choose to focus on self-sabotaging, judgmental thoughts instead, such as good/bad, right/wrong..COMPARISON? When we COMPARE we unfairly measure ourself against an unhealthy yard stick and place our SELF WORTH on outside factors – people, events, the past!
Why do we give up our (SALES) CONFIDENCE and why is SELF WORTH so important? It impacts our SELF ESTEEM – Believing in our self, we are empowered to own our gifts, our uniqueness, and we feel great about being in our own skin.
How can we OWN OUR PERSONAL POWER? Follow these SECRETS to SUCCESS:
1. STOP THE COMPARISON GAME!: When we compare the worst version or our self to the best version of someone else unnecessarily – we never win.
2. EMBRACE THE PAST. We can’t change the past, we can only learn from it.
3. BE YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND – NOT YOUR WORST ENEMY. Recognize and our value and uniqueness.
4. WISDOM COMES FROM EXPERIENCES – ALL EXPERIENCES. Life experiences shape our character and define who we are – allow them to be sources of wisdom.
5. FORGIVE. Release resentment. Learn from our mistakes and use experiences to create a better stronger person NOW.
(SALES) CONFIDENCE allows us to release the need to impress or compare ourself to others. We develop personal power as we are resilient and determined to take life as it comes. If you are struggling with the past, damaged trust or self-esteem, having the support of someone else can make all the difference in the world! Hire a Coach! Coaching works!
Knowing you have someone on YOUR team who believes in you can help you grow and move forward in your life and take back ownership of your personal power!