Does the key to our success lie within our habits? As I was reading ‘The Greatest Salesman in the World,’ Og Mandino, I became fascinated.
“The only difference between those who have failed and those who have succeeded lies in the difference of their habits.”
Og Mandino, ‘The Greatest Salesman in the World’
If habits are choices and choices create results – the choice is ours!
I find it interesting that the times in my life, when I was accomplishing my goals, in work, writing my book and having great balance in my life, I was focused on the habit of personal accountability, taking 2 mm steps of action at a time, and I also held myself in a place of ‘trust the process.’ Discipline works in our favor, although it can be the toughest of all habits to master.
The times in my life when I have been ‘off track,’ personally or professionally, I have been focused on non-supportive habits: procrastination, blaming, and getting caught up in fantasy, vs. acting on 2 mm at a time – spending too much time doing vs. being, the overachiever.
What I have learned about importance of habits:
• Habits of thinking can keep us moving forward or keep us stuck. We forget we have a choice!
• Every ‘unhealthy’ habit we let go of must be replaced by a healthy habit! For example, we stop smoking or stress eating. We start walking!
• Everything we do is out of habit. We are creatures of habit until we become conscious of our actions.
• Being in pain and being stuck is a habit, as well as being forward focused on growth and success is a habit.
• The first step to changing a habit is awareness through recognizing your intuition and emotion. Emotion is a signal your habit is serving or sabotaging you
• A habit is built starting with 2 mm steps followed consistently over time…
I look forward to sharing 10 tips to building HEALTHY habits over the next 10 days! In the meantime, for more on habits: are your thoughts supporting or sabotaging your success? Take the habit finder assessment here to find out:
I think of you as a success minded friend and I am so excited and passionate about sharing my mission with you: to inspire sales and success driven stars to crush their results so they can live a life of PEACE and leave a life of STRESS – and be the BEST version of THEMSELF!
All the best,