Have you ever heard anyone say, ‘it’s a bad habit I have,’ or ‘old habits die hard?’ I have been there, an ex-cigarette smoker and coffee drinker. I notice how seldom I hear ‘I have a good habit?’
If we know habits contribute to success, why can they be so difficult to master? As I was reading ‘The Greatest Salesman in the World,’ Og Mandino, I came across this:
“As a child, I gave into my impulses, as an adult I give into my habits. I will form good habits and become their slave.”
. Habit 2: Connecting with People – The Power of Connection
In scroll 2, “The Greatest Salesman in the World: I will greet this day with love in my heart,” I am reminded that excellent relationships in life and business start with ME! My inner world, reflect to my outer world. My “mojo” makes a difference!
What I have learned about the power of my inner self (happiness, self-esteem, confidence) relationship:
• I choose what I focus on – thoughts, emotions, and relationships either inspire us, or can destroy us
• People buy (and have relationships) with whom they like and they trust
• The way we do anything is the way we do everything
• The only place success is in front of work is in the dictionary
• I own, honor and respect my boundaries – and I honor and respect the boundaries of others – this is the key to personal power and self-worth!
I look forward to sharing 10 tips to building HEALTHY habits over the next 10 days!